Sunday, December 09, 2007

Influenza

After having two bereavement days off for the funeral and related travel, I worked two whole days before becoming too sick to go in on Friday. So I spent Friday curled up in The Big Chair, draped in various children, but Friday night was when the fever came on. So there I was all Friday night, with the two sleeping children, alternating between puking and writhing around in some sort of delirium which had something to do with congruent triangles. Saturday morning I found that my eyes were burning up and I could feel both entire eyeballs inside my head since they were so hot. I slept all day, and the fever finally broke in the evening and I was able to eat a bowl of oatmeal. Another night with slightly less writhing but just as much head-pounding, getting up every few hours to down some Tylenol, until early this morning when I decided I was recovered enough to take a couple of Excedrin Migraine to take care of the pounding head. So now, no fever, no headache, but I'm AWAKE and actually starting to feel hungry. This means I'm going to live.

Speaking of which, I have a picture to share from the past weekend's trip to SLC for the funeral. It was the first time since 2000 that all my husband's siblings were together:
What's funny is that the last time they were all together, Teresa was pregnant then, too. That baby will be born later this week, so stay tuned. My kids also got to play with seven of their 13 (soon to be 14!) cousins.

I just love that picture. I wish we could be together more often.